New tattoo, now what? Aftercare is super important, so please follow these steps:
- Remove bandage within a couple of hours. Wash with a mild, unscented soap. Pat dry with a clean towel and apply a thin layer of unscented lotion. Please DO NOT use ointments, Aquaphor or any other petroleum jelly based products on your tattoo. These products may leach out the pigment, and with the fine lines or other specialized effects we use, it may negatively affect the healing process.
- Wash tattoo twice daily while healing (and after work-outs or any other strenuous or dirty tasks) and apply lotion as needed to prevent dryness. Washing with running water and showers are okay, but do not allow to soak under water. No baths, swimming, saunas, etc for two weeks.
- In a few days, the tattoo may start peeling, similar to a healing sunburn. This is normal. Do not pick or scratch tattoo, let it peel on its own. Keep clean and use lotion as needed.
- Do not expose healing tattoo to direct sunlight, hot tubs, unclean conditions, irritating or tight clothing or anything that may hinder healing.
- Once tattoo is healed (usually about two weeks), use high SPF sunblock when going outside, to preserve the tattoo for years to come.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us. We are here for you!